Here's some things that made me smile today:
1. Watching my husband boldly proclaim the gospel to hundreds of teenagers at a school (after facing opposition from a Muslim teacher there) and seeing about 75 of them trust Christ. All I can say is WHAT A BLESSING! :)
2. Our maintenance man. Let me explain. Our power strip that charges all of our devices met an untimely death this morning. Somehow the leg of the metal bed frame made its way onto the cord and basically sawed it in half (shocking us in the process, lol). We thought we'd have to buy another and they aren't cheap! But our maintenance man was able to quickly fix it and now it looks (and works) as good as new :)
3. A little girl. During our Juba Arabic lesson today, baby Providence (one of the national pastors' daughter) came to me all by herself and crawled up in my lap with no coaxing from me or anyone else. She's very young and will shake my hand but she's never came to me all on her own. She sat with me for probably an hour and was good as gold :)
4. Sugar cane. Yum. Enough said. :)
5. A simple answered prayer. Our national pastor Charles and his wife and baby had to go home and it looked like rain was immenient. Their transportation is a motorcycle (boda boda). We prayed God would hold off the rain until they got home. He did. :)
6. Having a husband to laugh with. We talked today about how certain parts of being here sound so romantic, but they really aren't at all, lol. But having someone to share the good AND hard times with makes life a lot more enjoyable. :)
7. My own Bible in my language, and the ability to read it without fear of persecution. So many people don't have this luxury and would give all they own to have what we take for granted.
Now I could have listed all the things that went wrong, like starting the day off with shattering a bowl (my ONLY bowl, lol), a disrupted schedule, hot weather, bug bites, and on the list could go. But look at all the blessings I might have missed out on sharing!
What are you facing today that's threatening to steal your smile ? Be thankful instead, and go find a reason to smile.
And if you can't, go give someone else a reason to smile...and you just might find your smile in the process ...
"The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself." Proverbs 11:25